Otrivin Plus Nasal Spray contains the active ingredients xylometazoline hydrochloride 0.5 mg/mL and ipratropium bromide 0.6 mg/mL. Xylometazoline hydrochloride helps to open up and clear nasal passages by reducing swollen blood vessels. Ipratropium bromide reduces mucus production. Otrivin Plus Nasal Spray provides relief of a blocked and runny nose caused by colds, hay fever or other allergic rhinitis.
"How to Use: Adults 18 years and over: 1 spray in each nostril, up to 3 times daily, as needed. Do not use more often than every 6 hours. Do not exceed 3 applications per nostril per day.
1. Before first use, remove cap and press applicator until an even spray is produced.
2. You may need to repeat this if you have not used the spray for longer than 6 days.
3. Do not cut the nozzle.
4. Blow your nose gently to clear.
5. Insert nozzle into nostril and press applicator firmly once while sniffing deeply.
6. Withdraw nozzle and release applicator.
7. Repeat in other nostril.
8. Wipe nozzle clean and replace cap. "
Use Otrivin Plus for:
Fast, temporary relief of a blocked and runny nose caused by colds, hay fever or other allergic rhinitis.
See pack insert for further information. Adults 18 years and over: 1 spray per nostril.
- Use up to 3 times daily, as necessary.
- Do not use more often than every 6 hours.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
Do not use:
- If you are under 18 years.
- If you are allergic to xylometazoline, ipratropium, atropine or similar substances.
- After recent operations through the nose or mouth (including removal of the pituitary gland).
- If you have glaucoma or very dry nose (inflammatory nasal dryness, rhinitis sicca).
ASk your doctor before use:
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or trying to become pregnant.
- If you have any other medical conditions.
- If you are taking other medicines.
Do not use if carton pack seals imprinted with GSK logo are missing or broken.
"Do not use
· If you are under 18 years of age
· If you are allergic to xylometazoline, ipratropium, atropine or similar anticholinergic substances
· After recent operations through the nose or mouth
· If you have inflammatory nasal dryness
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before use
· If you are pregnant or breast feeding
· If you have any other medical conditions.
· If you are taking other medicines
Warnings & cautions
· If congestion persists for more than 3 days, seek medical advice
· Do not use for more than 3 days unless advised by a pharmacist or doctor
· Each pack should be used by only one person, for reasons of hygiene
· Brief stinging sensation or sneezing may occur
· Excessive use may damage lining of nose
· If irritation occurs or if you have signs of allergy, discontinue use
· Do not use in or around the eyes."
Always read the instructions for use. Follow the instructions for use.
Xylometazoline Hydrochloride 0.5 mg/mL and Ipratropium Bromide 0.6 mg/mL
Xylometazoline Hydrochloride 0.5 mg/mL, Ipratropium Bromide 0.6 mg/mL
Blocked and runny noses
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Incorrect use may be harmful. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare professional.